Licensed and Insured
"Orange Stair & Millwork has been one of our primary stair installers for many years. Their quality, scheduling, installation and service have been exceptional. We've enjoyed working with them over the years."
Jeff S. - Standard Pacific Homes
Examples of Our New Install Work
Click any image to view the slideshow and see even more examples.Click here to view more photos.
Orange Stair & Millwork, Inc. New Installation
A Walk Through the New Construction Process
Orange Stair & Millwork Inc. is a full service stair and millwork company. We serve both residential and commercial work in all of the Southern California area. Our capabilities range from "one of a kind" projects for private parties to high volume production tracts. For developers and/or commercial projects, we will make sure to stay within all building code and accessibility requirements, while coordinating the project's timeline and details around your specifications and working with your personnel and tradesmen to ensure a beautiful and seamless contribution to the overall project. Our production experience, design talent, and overall understanding of the building process make us the ideal choice for your staircase fabrication and installation.
What to Expect when you Call Us:
- Your call will be answered by one of our qualified staff directly. They will answer any of your questions and gather preliminary information needed from you to provide an estimate.
- If you already have accurate plans and details available (ie. Wood species/finish, measurements, other materials, etc.), and you prefer to utilize those, our in-house estimator will develop your bid, and provide a written estimate according to those specifics. In this case, typically this detailed written estimate will be provided within the timeframe specified.
- If you do not have plans/specifications available, we can arrange an onsite or in-home consultation. This appointment will be booked at your convenience and typically in as little as 2 days.
- At the on-site appointment, our representative will discuss your needs, interests and cosmetic goals, and offer suggestions regarding species/finishes/design. We'll bring product samples, brochures, and photos of our work to help understand and communicate any suggested design ideas. We'll also take this time to collect drawings, photos and measurements as needed. This appointment will typically take 30-60 minutes. Your detailed written estimate will be provided within the timeframe agreed upon.
Not sure where to start?... Let our talented team help!
Feel free to take a look at our "Design & Material" page or see "Our Work" to get ideas, or just call Orange Stair now at 951-637-1300 and a member of our friendly staff will walk you through the process, answer questions and schedule your appointment.
What to Expect when you Hire Us:
- After being awarded a project, proposals / contracts are signed and a deposit is taken. (We waive a deposit with most builder / contractors that we have a working relationship with.)
- If (or as soon as) the stair structure is framed a member of our team will visit the jobsite to perform a framing walk. During this walk we will confirm that the stair has been framed per plan. We also check for adequate backing at our attachment locations. If changes have been made from the original bid set of plans this will require a change order or framing alteration to reflect the necessary changes.
- According to your timeline, and once any issues have been resolved a tentative start date is agreed upon. This can be as soon as 1 to 2 weeks from this point, on average.
- The gathering and milling of parts proceed to prepare all materials for the scheduled installation date. We will also make periodic jobsite visits during this timeframe.
- Once the home(s) are ready for installation, our delivery truck and installers arrive to install your new stair system. The installation process typically takes 1 to 3 days to complete.
- When the installation is complete your stair will be left fine sanded in preparation for the final finish. It is recommended that your painting contractor immediately (within 48 hours) apply his finishes as to not allow weather or other outside influences to damage the raw wood.
Give us a call today at
951-637-1300 or click here to request info.